Welcome to Kew School of Dance!
Please note that over the summer holidays we will be working reduced office hours and may take longer to respond to queries. Our office will be closed from 22 December to the 14 January.
From all of us at Kew School of Dance we hope you have a lovely holiday and look forward to seeing you in the studio in 2019.
Kew School of Dance provides the opportunity for every student to experience the joy of dance while developing confidence, creativity and a secure technical foundation in a safe and caring environment.
At Kew School of Dance we provide quality pre school dance classes through the Angelina Ballerina curriculum. On completion of this program students can continue with ballet based training in the Laurel Martyn Dance System or try Australian Teachers of Dancing jazz, tap or hip hop syllabus classes. Students participate in annual assessments in Ballet, Jazz and Tap. Our annual concert is the highlight of the year for many students.
We are located in the Melbourne suburb of Kew and Kew East.
We operate from three venues:
– 12 Peel St, Kew
– East Kew Uniting Church, 142 Normanby Rd, Kew East
– Saint Paul’s Anglican Church, cnr Hale St & Windella Ave, Kew East
There are many reasons for learning to dance:
- pure enjoyment
- improved posture
- musical appreciation
We are here to help each student realise their full potential.
Please note, enrolments for 2018 are closed and 2019 enrolments are now open!
If you would like to trial a class with the view to enrol in 2019, please email us. Or, if you’re ready to enrol, use the link below to sign up via our Parent Portal.
If you have any questions about classes, please Contact Us.
Movitae is a school-exclusive, digital sharing platform that allows Kew School of Dance to enrich and extend our teaching beyond the studio. Made for dance schools, Movitae enables teachers to create an online communication and learning hub for students and parents.
It’s a great way to enhance our students learning and gives parents an opportunity to see inside the dance class. Teachers share photos and videos of class exercises, repertoire, music and fun activities with parents and students.
Signing up is easy, head to movitae.com/signup and enter our signup code (you will have received this upon enrolment). Once registered, join your child’s class groups and say hi to your class teachers.
With Movitae we can:
- Create a central space for all your dance resources
- Share video footage and feedback straight from the classroom to you and your class
- Easily message or share school information with you. You will be notified when an item is shared to you.
(Make sure you have downloaded the free Movitae App and enabled push notifications)
- Help students extend their learning, by sharing class specific information, including photos and videos
- Help students set goals, view their progress and reward them for their effort
With Movitae you can:
- Keep all your dance information, dance videos, music and inspiration in one place
- Learn more about dancing from home, or on the go
- Watch videos from class or performances!
- Be part of your online class community