Performance Extension Program
For students Stage 3 and above
PEP is our Performance Extension Program. It is an extra, optional opportunity for dedicated students to develop their dance technique and performance skills. Students must be able to commit 100% and make it their number one priority. It requires 100% attendance at rehearsals throughout the lead up to the concert.
- A compulsory rehearsal class
- A class dedicated to developing stage craft and rehearsal skills
- An opportunity to work with other dancers and teachers
- Hard work, requiring 100% commitment!
- A fun and rewarding experience
- Additional performance opportunities in our Senior concert
This class is free of charge (however there will be an additional costume hire charge and audition fee).
SPEP: Senior Performance Extension Program (Degree 3 and above)
JPEP: Junior Performance Extension Program (Stage 3 – Degree 2)
- Entrance is by audition only and places will be limited in 2019
- Attendance at the audition on the above day is a mandatory requirement for consideration for a place in the program.
- Students must be enrolled in a minimum of two dance classes per week at KSOD to be eligible to audition. (Classes can be in different dance styles, however taking at least one ballet class per week is strongly encouraged).
- Students must maintain good attendance at their regular dance classes.
- Students and their parents must agree and sign the PEP agreement if they are offered a place within the program.
- This program is an optional extra for those dedicated and committed students who love dancing and want to do more of it.
- We cannot make it work if we do not have your full support
Students who are unable to meet the commitment will be asked to leave the program.
We look forward to sharing another great year of performances with you…
Assistant Teacher Program
Congratulations to those students who have been chosen to be assistant teachers for 2018!
Our assistant teacher program takes senior students and gives them the opportunity to assist the teacher of a junior class.
Assistant teachers learn how to support and encourage the younger students through the progressions of their learning as well as develop their own sense of leadership and responsibility.
Students from Degree 2 and above are eligible to be considered for assistant dance teaching positions with junior classes at the Kew School of Dance.
Student Production Team
Congratulations to those students who have been chosen to be apart of the Student Production Team for 2018!
The student production team will work alongside Miss Alice & Mr Anton to help organise and produce our Junior Concert in 2018. We are looking for committed and driven students (from Degree 3 and above) interested in stage production, costuming, sound and lighting design, in addition to general management and coordination.
Students are encouraged to apply for one of the following managerial roles:
Stage Manager, Wardrobe Mistress, Props Mistress, Production Manager
Alternatively, students can be involved in a lesser capacity and help out as needed on performance and rehearsal days, as well as working bees. This is a good option if students feel unable to commit to the full year or do not feel ready for the level of responsibility required of these roles.
VET Certificates in Dance
Kew School of Dance is an ADi Certified School (via a third party agreement) with Australian Dance Institute RTO 91600, auspicing Laurel Martyn Dance Teaching System (LMDTS) to deliver VETAB accredited Certificates I-IV in Dance. The LMDT system provides the technical competencies, whilst additional ADi theory workbooks address remaining certificate criteria. The certificate system is available to students from Degree 2. Completion of an annual yearly examination is required in order to complete certificate courses.