Performance Extension Program
For students Stage 3 and above
PEP is our Performance Extension Program. It is an extra, optional opportunity for dedicated students to develop their dance technique and performance skills. Students must be able to commit 100% and make it their number one priority. It requires 100% attendance at rehearsals throughout the lead up to the concert.
- A compulsory rehearsal class
- A class dedicated to developing stage craft and rehearsal skills
- An opportunity to work with other dancers and teachers
- Hard work, requiring 100% commitment!
- A fun and rewarding experience
- Additional performance opportunities in our Senior concert
- Entrance is by audition only
- Attendance at the audition on the above day is a mandatory requirement for consideration for a place in the program.
- Students must be enrolled in a minimum of two dance classes per week at KSOD to be eligible to audition. (Classes can be in different dance styles, however taking at least one ballet class per week is strongly encouraged).
- Students must maintain good attendance at their regular dance classes.
- Students and their parents must agree and sign the PEP agreement if they are offered a place within the program.
- This program is an optional extra for those dedicated and committed students who love dancing and want to do more of it.
- We cannot make it work if we do not have your full support
Students who are unable to meet the commitment will be asked to leave the program.
We look forward to sharing another great year of performances with you…
Assistant Teacher Program
Our assistant teacher program gives senior students the opportunity to assist the teacher of a junior class.
Assistant teachers learn how to support and encourage the younger students through the progressions of their learning as well as develop their own sense of leadership and responsibility.
Students from Degree 2 and above are eligible to be considered for assistant dance teaching positions with junior classes at the Kew School of Dance.
Student Production Team
The student production team will work alongside Miss Alice & Mx Anton to help organise and produce our Junior Concerts. We are looking for committed and driven students (from Degree 3 and above) interested in stage production, costuming, sound and lighting design, in addition to general management and coordination.
Students are encouraged to apply for one of the following managerial roles:
Stage Manager, Wardrobe Mistress, Props Mistress, Production Manager
Alternatively, students can be involved in a lesser capacity and help out as needed on performance and rehearsal days, as well as working bees. This is a good option if students feel unable to commit to the full year or do not feel ready for the level of responsibility required of these roles.
VET Certificates in Dance
Students of Kew School of use their dance society syllabus technical examination results towards VET technical competencies (with gap training) contained within the CUA Certificates in Dance qualifications provided directly by Australian Dance institute RTO 91600